Saint Andrew’s Net is With Leather’s daily link dump. More links than usual this morning to get us caught up on the long weekend.
- The Sporting Blog delivers a double dose of college football recap-itude: an A-to-Z rundown of all the action and a first-hand account from Spencer Hall of Nick Saban’s triumph at the Georgia Dome. Fewer words and more boobs about college football at Gibbs 12.
- Deadspin is all over the non-story of Fred Taylor’s non-arrest. Oh, no! My fantasy draft is ruined! I mean unchanged! Totally unchanged!
- Blogimore Ravens is somewhat less than enthused about Joey Harrington’s new contract. Yes, it’s such a step down from the Ravens’ long history of Pro Bowl quarterbacks. Like, uh, Trent Dilfer?
- Bugs and Cranks has the latest on CC Sabathia’s one-hitter that really should have been a no-hitter, if MLB didn’t allow stadiums to employ complete homers as official scorers. They’ve also got video of the retardation (made possible by CC’s shoddy fielding).
- FanIQ presents video of Shawn Johnson bragging to two guys about her taco being the best. Ummm… not the best endorsement choice.
- Big League Stew shows a picture of the Angels playing a little grabass. No, seriously: Mike Napoli is grabbing Jon Garland’s ass. I think I speak for everyone when I say, welcome back, football.
Send tips and submissions for Saint Andrew’s Net to firstname.lastname@example.org.