We’re reworking our lead-off post to give you a plate full of sports news goodness every morning. We’re calling it the Morning Meat, and it will set the table for the business that With Leather gives you throughout the day. Like everything else on this site, it’s a work in progress.
THE BACON – Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle
Our Little Secret. Vancouver Canuck Alex Burrows is accusing an NHL ref of being out to get him. Is he paranoid, or just concussed?
Should I Stay, or Should I Go? Jacksonville Jaguars Head Coach Jack del Rio is being offered Carroll’s cushy spot at USC. He’d have to forfeit about $15milli, but with all the talk scrapping the Jags I say grab the bull by the balls! Or something.
They’ve Got Your Number. Atlanta Hawks took a switch the Celts for the 3rd time this season. That means of their 10 losses, 30% have been to Atlanta. That would be like having a sandwich with only one slice of bread but you can’t fold it over because it’s sour dough so you just have to eat it like a tostada. What?
Affliction Shirts Mean the Terrorists Have Won! United Arab Emirates just got its fingers into the UFC by picking up a 10% stake. They’re not really terrorists, but someone is to blame for those shirts and I can only imagine it’s a seedy underground operation out to destroy the world.
Hugs Not Drugs! Apparently former USC Assistant Coach Dave Watson was a pill popper and Pete Carroll knew alllllll about it, even before he crashed his SUV into another car, causing injury to the other driver. And oops! The SUV was owned by USC. Double oops! as the prescriptions he was taking were written by USC’s own doctors. Tisk tisk, Petey – you little enabler you!
THE EGGS – Serving sunny-side up scores containing at least one zero
THE SAUSAGE – No breakfast is complete without some links
- Idiots + Sleds ^Not Using Them in the Manner in Which They Were Intended = Sucks for You, Awesome for Everyone Else. Deuce of Davenport.
- Need ideas for munchies for your next playoff party, or just want to impress the inlaws? Try this Doritos Ramen Salad. Ramenlicious.
- Here’s an illustrated how-to guide to building your very own kegerator. Because I care about you and your needs. WikiHow.
- The rundown of Childress’ kid’s DUI. Script-style. Great for the whole family to reenact on Family Fun Night, or for your next school video project. StylePoints.
- Geez. These kids and their drugs. Hall of Fame QB Joe Namath’s daughter got busted by the fuzz, too! Fox Sports.
Tips? Okay, but that’s it. Anything more and I’ll have to turn you in to HR: WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com.