Tonight, on a very special and totally-not-on-tape Monday Night Raw:
Their Hell in a Cell Match had all the makings of a classic pay-per-view battle. The self-proclaimed “Best in the World” WWE Champion vs. the undefeated and hungry newcomer, Ryback.
But Ryback — and the WWE Universe — were robbed by a WWE referee named Brad Maddox, who will finally explain his shocking actions on tonight’s Raw.
As the WWE Universe continues to buzz about the stunning pay-per-view ending — and Ryback continues to rage — here are five things to look for as Raw emanates from Birmingham, England. (via WWE.com)
1. Something great will happen, despite the fact that nothing even passably good has ever happened on a pre-taped England Raw since time f**king began.
2. You will read the spoilers, then try to watch the show anyway but give up at some point during the (I’m assuming) Miz versus Kofi Kingston match and play Scramble With Friends, or whatever your phone does that isn’t “watch wrestling”.
3. Brad Maddox will speak. His opening sentences: “I was in FCW for a while, and there’s this guy named Dean Ambrose down there. Man, I can’t wait until that guy debuts! Does anybody know when that’s supposed to happen?”
4. We will probably not find out what happened to Hunico, but maybe another announcer will say something cryptic. My theory: Hunico got caught pretending to be Chavo Guererro in TNA.
5. John Cena will say “bangers and mash” at least once, because he thinks it’s funny.
As always, my 10 favorite comments in tonight’s WWE Raw Open Discussion Thread will be featured in tomorrow’s (pre-taped and super boring) Best And Worst Of WWE Raw column. To nominate a comment for top 10 status, please reply to it with a +1.
Enjoy the show, everybody.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.