Last week, a Jalopnik reader posed a challenge to the automobile-enthusiast site, as he wanted someone to design a custom car per his four-year old son Eli’s instructions. Specifically, Eli wanted his new super car to include:
- It’s a BMW
- 42 wheels, and of course 42-wheel drive
- It is powered by 19 Porsche engines, each producing 459 horsepower. I think they will need to be water-cooled turbocharged boxer 6s. This was entirely his own idea, but I commended his choice of using boxer engines for a multi-engine setup since they will stack so well.
- The engines are all linked to a single transmission. He didn’t specify, but I think viscous couplings for the inputs would probably be a good idea.
- Power output is subdivided to all those wheels via a series of limited-slip differentials
- There are seats and three steering wheels, and all three can drive the car at the same time.
- The trunk is full of toys and you can play in it
To recap, that’s a BMW automobile with a Porsche engine, 42 wheels and a trunk full of toys. Sign me the f*ck up.
So as Jalopnik’s faithful readers started posting their designs in the comments of that article, someone at BMW apparently took notice and decided to take care of Eli’s wish himself. And as you can see above, Eli’s new supercar has been brought to life.
Originally, BMW posted a notice to its Tumblr page inviting even more people to get in on the fun, but when it came down to the best possible version of this incredible monstrosity, the engineers did it best, and with a little message to the young genius:
Eli, we think you might be onto something. Our marketing department worked a little photoshop magic to bring your dream to life. We’ll be sure to pass this on to our product designers. Thanks for sharing your idea and for being a BMW fan.
But does it have a bowling mascot on the hood and a horn that plays La Cucaracha? I think not.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.