If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read several dozen paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the April 29, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
1. Ricardo Rodriguez defeated Zeb Colter and Big E Langston. The pre-match stipulation said that the winner would get to pick the stipulation for the World Heavyweight Championship triple threat at Extreme Rules. Swagger, Ziggler and Del Rio all got involved, but Ricardo was able to roll up Zeb for the win.
2. Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes. Orton countered a Disaster Kick into an RKO at the end of a long, back-and-forth match.
3. Naomi defeated Brie Bella by disqualification. The Bellas made the Twin Magic switch and pinned Naomi, but Cameron alerted the referee to the ruse and the decision was reversed. This was to advertise the new Total Divas show on E!
- The Shield were interrupted by 3MB, which brought out Team Hell No to run off The Shield AND beat up 3MB.
4. World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler defeated Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston in a champion vs. champion match. Big E Langston and AJ Lee helped Ziggler throughout the match. Dolph got the win when Kofi missed a move from the top rope and got Zig Zagged.
5. Jack Swagger defeated Zack Ryder. Swagger won with submission via the Patriot Lock.
- Mark Henry defeated Tensai and Brodus Clay in a tug of war challenge. Sheamus offered himself as an opponent and fared better, but let go of the rope on purpose and Brogue Kicked Henry.
6. Alberto Del Rio defeated Antonio Cesaro. Del Rio got the win by submission with his cross armbreaker after a great match. Per Rodriguez’s win earlier in the show, Del Rio made the World Heavyweight Championship triple threat at Extreme Rules a ladder match.
- The Great Khali defeated Fandango in a dance-off. Afterwards, Fandango attacked Khali.
7. The Shield defeated John Cena and Team Hell No. The original match was supposed to be a 3-on-2 handicap match pitting Cena and Ryback against the Shield, but Ryback didn’t trust Cena’s injury and backed out. The Shield got the win when Cena’s ankle gave out during an Attitude Adjustment, allowing Roman Reigns to connect with a spear and pin the WWE Champion. Ryback looked on with disapproval.
Be sure to come back to With Leather tomorrow afternoon for more in-depth analysis in the Best and Worst of WWE Raw column.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.