If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the May 13, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
- The announced Fandango/Chris Jericho dance-off was a no contest. Fandango’s partner Summer Rae faked an injury, allowing Fandango to jump Jericho from behind. Fandango tossed Jericho into the ring steps and security barrier before hitting him with a section of parquet floor added to the ring for the dance-off.
1. Ryback defeated Zack Ryder. A quick squash, won by Ryback with the Shell Shocked.
2. The Prime Time Players defeated Tons Of Funk. Darren Young hit Brodus Clay in the throat with his hair pick, allowing Titus to roll Clay up and get the pin.
- Footage of Dolph Ziggler getting concussed by Jack Swagger on Smackdown was shown. Ziggler won’t be stripped of the title, but the match at Extreme Rules has changed … it will now be a number one contender I Quit match between Alberto Del Rio and Swagger.
3. United States Champion Kofi Kingston defeated Damien Sandow. Kingston won with Trouble In Paradise in about two minutes. Kingston will defend his belt against Dean Ambrose of The Shield at Extreme Rules.
- Mark Henry explained the rules of a strap match by assaulting Josh Mathews and dragging him around the ring. This brought out Sheamus, who eventually ran off Henry with a strap of his own.
4. Randy Orton defeated Antonio Cesaro. Orton won with an RKO in under three minutes. No mention was made of Cesaro’s statements on last week’s show.
5. The Miz defeated Heath Slater. Miz won via submission with a figure-four leg lock. This was Miz’s first match back since taking a leave of absence to film a movie.
6. John Cena won an elimination tag team match against The Shield. The original match was John Cena, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield. Kane was eliminated first when he attacked The Shield with a piece of the announce table and was disqualified. Shortly thereafter, Dean Ambrose eliminated Daniel Bryan with a headlock driver, leaving the match 3-1 against Cena. Cena pinned Seth Rollins with an Attitude Adjustment, Roman Reigns was eliminated when he shoved down the referee and Dean Ambrose was about to tap out in the STF before his teammates rushed in and saved him, drawing a team DQ. After the match, Ryback attacked Cena with a chair, further injuring Cena’s bum ankle.
7. Jack Swagger defeated Big E Langston. Swagger won by count-out when Langston missed a charge into the barricade and ended up in the crowd. After the match, Del Rio charged the ring and attacked Swagger.
8. AJ Lee defeated Natalya. AJ won via submission with her “Black Widow” octopus hold.
- Triple H and Brock Lesnar ended the show with a face-to-face confrontation inside of a steel cage. Triple H beat Brock up and sent him running away with a look of horror on his face.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.