Tonight, on the With Leather WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Things can change in the blink of an eye in WWE. Since Extreme Rules, The Shield has captured the U.S. and Tag Team Titles, and young upstart Curtis Axel racked up wins over veterans Triple H and WWE Champion John Cena. As Raw emanates from WWE’s home state of Connecticut on Monday, here are five things to look for at 8/7 CT on USA Network.
Our five-point preview:
1. Everybody believes Dirt Sheets, right? Well, 411 has this to copy and paste about tonight’s Raw:
It has been reported that the WWE creative team is very stressed out heading into Raw tonight. Following the low rating the show got last week on Memorial Day, many in the company fear that tonight’s number will also be down due to game 7 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals.
So, you know that stalling Raw we get sometimes where it’s just video packages and nothing really happens matters or make sense? YEP.
2. WWE.com asks, “Is Curtis Axel on a streak?” Short answer: No. Long answer: Yes, and tonight he’s gonna get put into a match against Randy Orton, act scared about it, get his ass kicked for a while and then win when Orton rolls out of the ring and decides to take a nap.
3. Tonight’s Wade Barrett odds:
– Will be pinned: 100%
– Will be pinned by two different guys, or pinned in a tag team match where both guys treat him like a nobody: 50%
– Will get kicked in the nuts by somebody more important than him: 30%
– Will be pinned by somebody who used to be his lacky in the Nexus: 15%
– Will make the Bullhammer look cool: 0%
4. WILL CM PUNK SURFACE BEFORE PAYBACK? If your answer is “lol no, but I sure as hell hope so,” welcome to the consensus opinion!
5. My latest NXT column was posted on Reddit (thanks!), but it sparked a conversation about how I write the same “wanking” paragraph about wrestlers I like in every Raw report. I always talk about how much I love Daniel Bryan or Bray Wyatt or Fandango or whatever. This directly contrasts with the negative feedback I usually get here, which is that I’m too negative and don’t like anything. I am not sure what to do, unless you guys just want me to recap moves. “Jericho did a punch. Jericho did a dropkick. Jericho pumped his fists and yelled come on.” Is that still a thing? I’d feel like I was writing in an e-fed. Uh, still.
As always, the top 10 comments from tonight’s WWE Raw open discussion thread will be featured in tomorrow’s (super bland) Best and Worst of Raw report. To nominate a comment for top 10 consideration, please reply to it with a +1.
Enjoy the show, everybody who isn’t producing it!