If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the June 17, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
WWE Raw Results
– The show opened with a speech from Alberto Del Rio and an interruption from CM Punk, setting up a non-title match between the two for the night’s main-event. Later, Punk made it clear to Paul Heyman that he no longer wanted Heyman with him at ringside.
1. Christian defeated Wade Barrett. This was announced as Barrett’s Intercontinental Championship rematch against new champ Curtis Axel, but Vickie Guerrero interrupted and replaced Axel with the returning Christian. Christian got the win with the Killswitch.
2. Handicap Match: Team Rhodes Scholars defeated Sheamus. Sheamus set up for a Brogue Kick on Cody Rhodes, but Damien Sandow caught him in a roll-up for the three.
3. No Disqualification Match: Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan. During the match, Bryan took a dangerous head-first dive into the ringside barrier. Later, doctors stopped the match and awarded it to Orton.
– New Divas Champion AJ Lee had an in-ring confrontation with Stephanie McMahon that ended with Kaitlyn beating up AJ, and Big E having to carry a screaming AJ to the back.
4. Kane defeated United States Champion Dean Ambrose. This was barely a match. The other members of The Shield ran in almost immediately and attacked Kane, spearing him and hitting him with their triple powerbomb.
5. Antonio Cesaro defeated William Regal. Before the match, Zeb Colter announced that he had added Cesaro to his team. Cesaro used many of Jack Swagger’s mannerisms, including the “We The People” catchphrase. Cesaro won with the Neutralizer, then draped a Don’t Tread On Me flag over Regal.
– John Cena cut a promo in the ring. He was interrupted by Mark Henry, who asked John to stay and announced his retirement. After a heartfelt speech and a positive crowd reaction, Henry attacked Cena and announced that he was challenging for the WWE Championship at Money In The Bank.
6. Chris Jericho defeated Heath Slater. Jericho won with the Codebreaker. After the match, Jericho delivered Codebreakers to the other two members of 3MB.
7. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel defeated Sin Cara. The Miz was on color commentary. Axel won with his new finish, a DDT with a leg scissors.
8. CM Punk defeated World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Dolph Ziggler attacked Del Rio, causing the champion to flee to the back. As CM Punk was having his hand raised, Brock Lesnar’s music hit. Lesnar dropped Punk with an F5 to end the show.