If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the June 3, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
WWE Raw Results
– The show began with Stephanie and Vince McMahon announcing that they were forbidding Triple H from competing in his announced match against Curtis Axel.
1. The Shield defeated Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Kane. Daniel Bryan cleaned house by himself, taking out all three members of The Shield. Orton followed up with an RKO to Rollins and tried to RKO Reigns, but was shoved into Bryan. Ambrose was able to hit a headlock driver on Bryan to get the pin. Backstage after the match, Bryan yelled at Kane and Orton, saying that they think he’s the weak link of the team. He announced that he was going to compete in another match tonight.
2. The Usos defeated The Primetime Players. The Usos are now wearing facepaint. Jey Uso got the pin on Darren Young with a top rope splash.
– Triple H arrived and told Vince and Stephanie that he was wrestling against their wishes.
3. Alberto Del Rio defeated Big E Langston. This match was advertised as the “rubber match” in a series of 5. Del Rio got the pin by countering Langston into a roll-up.
4. Sheamus defeated Cody Rhodes. Damien Sandow was at ringside for commentary. Sheamus pinned Rhodes after a Brogue Kick. After the match, Sheamus slapped Sandow in the face.
– Daniel Bryan and Ryback had a confrontation back stage, setting up a match between the two for later in the show.
5. The Great Khali defeated Fandango. Fandango rolled out of the ring and took a count-out loss. The Miz appeared on the ramp and tried to force Fandango back into the ring, but Wade Barrett snuck up behind Miz and knocked him out with a Bullhammer Elbow. Miz vs. Barrett immediately follows.
6. The Miz defeated Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett. Barrett had the match under control until Fandango reappeared, dancing with Summer Rae on the stage. The distraction allowed Miz to trip Barrett up and lock him in the figure-four for the submission victory.
– Chris Jericho and Paul Heyman had a contract signing to make the CM Punk/Chris Jericho match for WWE Payback official.
7. Kaitlyn and the Funkadactyls defeated AJ Lee and the Bella Twins. In a callback to a few weeks ago, AJ refused to tag in, leaving Brie Bella by herself. Bella walked into a spear from Kaitlyn and got pinned.
8. Daniel Bryan defeated Ryback. After a long back-and-forth match, Ryback put Bryan through a table and drew a disqualification. He tried to put Bryan through a second table, but John Cena ran to the ring to make the save. That brought out Curtis Axel, leading to the main-event.
9. Curtis Axel defeated John Cena in a No Disqualification Match. This match was made by the McMahons as a substitute for the announced Axel/Triple H match. Ryback made an appearance and speared Cena through a table, giving Axel yet another count-out victory.