This week, on the With Leather WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Six days left until SummerSlam, and all hell is about to break loose. CM Punk might not make it to the summer classic if chicanery ensues during his fight with Paul Heyman (it will). John Cena and Daniel Bryan both might end up with egg on their faces if Mr. McMahon has some diabolical plan in store for their WWE Title Match at SummerSlam (he does), and one group of Superstars who’s been uncharacteristically quiet of late may look to make a big impact in the final days before the summer classic (they certainly will). Here’s the last pre-SummerSlam five-point preview. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. I wanted to include that video up top, in case you missed it. So much to love. Cheap-ass Teddy Long, Cody Rhodes obsessing about JBL’s cowboy hat, Mark Henry declaring what he doesn’t do … even a brief clip of Renee with bats! It’s great. And then, uh, Miz kinda ruins it. WE ALL HATE YOU, MIZ.
2. CM Punk faces Paul Heyman in a one-on-one “fight” tonight, which means two things: (1) Heyman’s going to get Axel or Rob Van Dam or whoever to jump Punk and ruin his day, and (2) it’ll be the best part of the show.
3. Speaking of videos you shouldn’t miss, be sure not to miss Bray Wyatt telling Kane a secret on Smackdown. Holy crap, that segment alone made me want to do a Best and Worst of Smackdown. Also, be sure not to read the comments on that video. Lots of “huskie harris lol.”
4. WWE.com devoted an entire preview talking point to “whoops, creative forgot about The Shield.” At least Dot Com’s paying attention, I guess.
5. Tonight’s also supposed to feature the big Triple H/Vince McMahon showdown, which ends with The Shield and the Wyatt Family joining forces to commandeer a bayou helicopter and crush the entirety of upper management. Sorry, I added that last part.
As always, if you +1 your favorite comments I’ll include a bunch of them in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. But hey, don’t be afraid to have conversations from time to time, all right? I appreciate your jokes, but it’s an “open discussion,” not necessarily a “be the funniest person contest.” Let’s do both!
Enjoy the show, everybody.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.