If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the August 12, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
WWE Raw Results
1. Wade Barrett defeated Daniel Bryan. Brad Maddox appointed himself special guest referee for the match. Bryan missed a kick and got rolled up by Barrett, leading to a fast three-count from Maddox.
2. Randy Orton defeated Damien Sandow. This was a battle of Money In The Bank briefcase holders. Cody Rhodes was at ringside doing color commentary and distracted Sandow, causing him to walk into an RKO for the loss.
3. Natalya and The Great Khali defeated AJ Lee and Big E Langston. Natalya had AJ in the sharpshooter, but released the hold as AJ was tapping out. After a weird moment of hesitation, she put the sharpshooter back on AJ for the second tap-out and win. After the match, Big E tried to attack Khali and Hornswoggle, but got brain chopped by Khali.
- Vince McMahon tried to name Brad Maddox the special guest referee for the John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan WWE Championship match at SummerSlam. Triple H interrupted, saying that he should be the referee, then pedigreed Maddox.
4. Kane defeated Titus O’Neil. Kane won a very short match with a chokeslam. After the match, the Wyatt Family attempted to attack Kane again, but he escaped and taunted them with his ringpost fire.
- In a backstage segment, the cast of Total Divas decided to have a match at SummerSlam. It’ll be Natalya and the Funkadactyls vs. The Bella Twins and Eva Marie.
5. Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston. Del Rio countered a Kingston springboard into a double-knee gutbuster, then locked on his cross armbreaker for the submission victory. Later, during a backstage interview, Del Rio interrupted Christian and taunted him with the World Heavyweight Championship.
6. The Usos defeated The Real Americans. The Usos won with a superkick and a roll-up, bringing their series to 2-1 over the Real Americans.
- John Cena and Daniel Bryan appeared on MizTV. They had a tense back-and-forth about their match at SummerSlam, about how Bryan feels Cena’s a parody of a wrestler and Cena doesn’t respect Bryan. The two almost came to blows (with Cena slapping Bryan, and Bryan refusing to slap back because Cena doesn’t deserve it) but they were interrupted by Triple H, and eventually a MITB briefcase-wielding Randy Orton.
- R-Truth and Fandango kinda-sorta had a dance contest, which ended with R-Truth beating up Fandango and sending him fleeing. No bells, so no actual match.
7. Rob Van Dam won a battle royal for a chance to face Dean Ambrose for the United States Championship at SummerSlam. Van Dam and Mark Henry teamed up to eliminate Ryback and were the last two remaining. RVD avoided an attack on the apron and sent Henry tumbling to the floor to win the match. Afterwards, the Shield showed up to attack Van Dam and Henry, but a returning Big Show sent them scurrying.
- Paul Heyman announced that his 1-on-1 challenge for Punk would be a 2-on-1 challenge pitting he and Brock Lesnar against Punk. Punk got the jump on them from behind and attacked Lesnar with a TV camera, then a steel chair. Heyman fled and Punk gave chase, but Curtis Axel got in his way on the ramp. Punk quickly dispatched Axel, throwing him into the stage set and giving him a GTS to end the show.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.