If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the August 5, 2013, episode of WWE Raw:
WWE Raw Results
- The show began with Daniel Bryan getting a corporate make-over. He was interrupted by Vince McMahon, who told him that he’d have to shave his beard to earn his support. Vince brought out Wade Barrett for some reason to shave Bryan’s beard, but Bryan fought Barrett off, shaved off half of Barrett’s beard and announced from the stage that he would never change.
1. Rob Van Dam defeated World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. A returning Ricardo Rodriguez tried to help Del Rio win using his bucket, but Van Dam reversed a throw and sent Del Rio into the bucket instead, rolling him up for the win. After the match, Del Rio brutally attacked Rodriguez.
- Cody Rhodes fished Damien Sandow’s Money In The Bank briefcase out of the Gulf of Mexico, using it as a trap to lure him in for an attack. Sandow fled, so Cody removed the contract from the briefcase and tossed the case out of the ring.
2. Mark Henry defeated Ryback. Ryback took an intentional count-out a few minutes into the match.
- Divas had problems backstage.
- John Cena spoke in the ring about how he was going to defeat Daniel Bryan. He was interrupted by Randy Orton, then the Shield. Daniel Bryan came out to even up the odds, and Brad Maddox made Orton/Cena/Bryan vs. The Shield as the night’s main event.
3. The Wyatt Family defeated Tons of Funk. The Wyatts won a quick squash match when Rowan pinned Tensai after a splash. After the match, Bray Wyatt once again threatened Kane, but Kane responded on the Titantron and, in the ring, with fire.
4. Layla defeated Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn had the match under control until AJ Lee entered and skipped around the ring. Layla took advantage of the distraction and kicked Kaitlyn in the head for the win.
5. Christian defeated Heath Slater. Christian pinned Slater after a spear.
6. Curtis Axel defeated CM Punk. Axel won by disqualification (or, possibly, the match was thrown out entirely) when Punk put his hands on Paul Heyman. That brought out Brock Lesnar, and Punk and Lesnar engaged in an intense brawl ending with Punk being demolished with a chair.
- Paul Heyman challenged CM Punk to a one-on-one fight next week.
7. Kofi Kingston defeated Fandango. Kofi won his return match with Trouble In Paradise.
8. The Real Americans defeated The Usos.
9. Big E Langston defeated Dolph Ziggler. Kaitlyn came out to attack AJ, which distracted Dolph. Big E was able to gain the advantage and win after The Big Ending.
10. John Cena, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan defeated The Shield by disqualification. After the match, Orton RKO’d Bryan and Cena. He teased cashing in his briefcase, but the presence of The Shield kept him from doing so.