Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free results for Sunday’s WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view. The show was headlined by a Hell in a Cell match for the abeyant WWE Championship between Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton, as well as the WWE return of John Cena. Everything you need to know about the show (without the jokes) is below.
Be sure to come back to With Leather on Monday for the full Best and Worst of WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 report.
WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 results:
– Pre-show Match: Damien Sandow defeated Kofi Kingston.
1. Triple Threat Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships: Cody Rhodes and Goldust (c) defeated The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) and The Usos. Cody Rhodes won the match for his team after a CrossRhodes on Seth Rollins.
– The Miz called out the Wyatt Family. Rowan and Harper jumped him from behind, but he was saved by a returning Kane. After Kane had run off the Wyatts, he chokeslammed Miz, because why not?
2. Fandango and Summer Rae defeated The Great Khali and Natalya. This was an unannounced intergender tag team match. Summer Rae rolled up Natalya for the win.
3. United States Championship Match: Big E Langston defeated Dean Ambrose (c). Langston speared Ambrose through the ropes to the outside, and Ambrose took a purposeful count-out loss. Because the match ended on a count-out, the championship does not change hands. After the match, Langston laid out Ambrose and posed with the US Championship.
4. Handicap Hell in a Cell Match: CM Punk defeated Ryback and Paul Heyman. Punk pinned Ryback with a Go To Sleep. After the match, Punk cornered Heyman on top of the cell, beating him up with a kendo stick and a Go To Sleep.
5. Los Matadores defeated The Real Americans. Los Matadores pinned Jack Swagger after a double-team. After the match, El Torito beat up Antonio Cesaro, Zeb Colter AND Jack Swagger.
6. World Heavyweight Championship Match: John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio (c) to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. Cena won clean with an Attitude Adjustment.
7. Divas Championship Match: AJ Lee (c) defeated Brie Bella. Brie accidentally hit Nikki Bella with a knee strike, allowing Lee an opening to lock in the Black Widow and get the submission victory.
8. Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship: Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan to become the WWE Champion. Orton hit a superplex onto a pile of chairs on Bryan, but Bryan kicked out at two. Triple H came down to ringside to question the count from special guest referee Shawn Michaels, and during the distraction Michaels was accidentally hit by Orton and knocked out. Bryan hit a running knee on Orton, but there was no referee to count. Triple H entered the cell and got hit with a running knee as well, but Michaels came to, superkicked Daniel Bryan and counted the three for Orton.