Dan Cortese is an actor/director/TV personality perhaps best known for his stint as host of MTV Sports in the early 90s, as well as playing Perry Rollins on Veronica’s Closet and Vic Meladeo on What I Like About You. He’s also guest-starred on a number of shows over the years — perhaps most memorably as Tony, Elaine’s super cool, athletic, good-looking “mimbo” boyfriend who George man-crushed on on Seinfeld — and was the official spokesman for Burger King’s “Your Way, Right Away” campaign in the 90s.
Presently, Cortese — a skilled Twitter trash talker — is the host of Guinness World Records Unleashed, a show that features people trying to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. It returns with a new season tonight on truTV.
Dan was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Walking into a bar isn’t the important part, being able to walk out is.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
What is this “Twitter” you speak of?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Dust…I work in real time…except slower.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
That doesn’t sound like a meal, that sounds more like a date…
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Currently “Are You Mine” – Arctic Monkeys
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
8. What’s your favorite meme?
Is that any relation to NeNe
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
U2 private show
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Don’t give books as gifts, I give wine & and Olive Garden gift card.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
truTV hired me to host Guinness World Records Unleashed
13. South Park or Family Guy?
A: South Park
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Play Twister with Guinness World Records Unleashed Trophy Girl Kelly Turner
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Braveheart & Shawshank Redemption
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
In a kitchen
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Let’s just say, I definitely wouldn’t cook the bunny.
Previously: Brandon Johnson