Tonight: nothing as awesome as this.
It’s that time of year again: The Slammy Awards are upon us, and the WWE Universe will convene to celebrate the best that the past year brought us in Raw’s annual ceremony. And while Superstars look back and honor the past, the future also looms large in the final Raw before the Champion of Champions Match at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs. What will happen on the final Monday before the two World Titles are unified under a single Superstar? WWE.com has a few theories. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. As a friendly reminder, the Slammy Awards are almost always the worst show of the year. The awards being worked (despite what they’re gonna tell you you can do on the app) and the unnecessary number of awards given means every match is gonna be 2 minutes long to make room for tons and tons of wacky comedy. The only thing worse than the Slammys is a bad episode of Raw Roulette. If they had a Raw Roulette Slammys episode I’d probably retire.
2. Writing up last year’s report almost killed me, so go back and read that if you want some proof of what I’m talking about. Yes, it begins with Hornswoggle in an afro wig.
3. The positive news is that tonight’s episode will feature some guest stars who should really be around more often, like Shawn Michaels (to finish that feud with Daniel Bryan and at least give him in-match revenge on SOMEBODY) and Eve Torres (who became magical five seconds before she left the company).
4. The Shield is presenting an award, and honestly I might mark out for them if they read the script like they’re reading off a teleprompter and don’t actually attack anyone. Also, swat tuxedos.
5. Curtis Axel wins the Slammy Award for Most Curtis Axel Shirt.
As always, the top 10 comments from tonight’s WWE Raw open discussion thread will be featured in tomorrow’s Best and Worst report, so reply to the comments you like with +1 and I’ll pick some of the best.
Enjoy the (awards) show, everybody.