If you’d like to know what happened on tonight’s WWE Raw but don’t want to read star ratings and wordy paragraphs to decipher it, With Leather is here for you. Here’s what happened on the December 30, 2013.
WWE Raw results:
1. CM Punk defeated Seth Rollins. Before the match, Punk played with the dissension amongst the members of The Shield, asking to face the “best” member. Punk caught Rollins slingshotting himself over the ropes into the ring and hit him with a Go To Sleep for the pinfall win. Next week, Punk will take on Roman Reigns.
2. Dolph Ziggler defeated Curtis Axel. Ziggler pinned Axel after a Zig Zag “out of nowhere.”
3. Intercontinental Championship Match: Big E Langston © defeated Fandango. Big E won a competitive match with the Big Ending to retain the championship.
- Booker T tried to organize a bunch of extras in a “New Year’s Spinarooni” but was interrupted by Bad News Barrett and a reminder that everything still sucks whether we’re in 2013 or 2014. Barrett has a giant, motorized lectern now.
4. Damien Sandow defeated The Great Khali. Before the match, Sandow announced that he’d quit if he lost the match. He was able to roll up Khali and pin him, but Khali’s shoulder was up by like a foot. This was acknowledged later in the show, but it’s unclear if anything will come of it.
5. R-Truth defeated Brodus Clay. Truth got the win after Xavier Woods distracted Clay with the Funkadactyls.
- Triple H announced that Brock Lesnar has returned to WWE. Lesnar and Paul Heyman made their intentions clear: Brock wants the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar challenged anyone in the back to stand up to him, which brought out Mark Henry. The two brawled on the outside, culminating in Lesnar driving Henry through the security barrier and giving him an F5 on the floor.
6. Aksana, Summer Rae, Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox and Rosa Mendes defeated The Funkadactyls, The Bella Twins and Eva Marie. Aksana (surprisingly) got the win for her team with a bulldog.
7. Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper. Per a pre-match stipulation announced by Brad Maddox, if Bryan could defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan he would get a match with Bray Wyatt. Bryan defeated Harper first, with a running knee strike.
8. Daniel Bryan defeated Erick Rowan. Bryan pinned Rowan with an inside cradle to earn a match with Wyatt.
9. Daniel Bryan defeated Bray Wyatt by disqualification. Initially Wyatt refused to attack Bryan, turning his back and holding out his arms. That caused Rowan and Harper to strike, and the match was thrown out. After a vicious beating from the Wyatts, Daniel Bryan shockingly admitted that Wyatt was always right, and that no matter what the fans chanted, nobody was listening. Bryan joins the Wyatt Family and lets Bray hit him with Sister Abigail. As the squad left the arena, Bryan stopped for a moment to consider the chants from the fans, but ultimately shook his head at them and left with the Wyatts.