Tonight, on the With Leather WWE Raw Open Discussion Thread:
What a difference a week makes. Just seven days ago, Daniel Bryan was the people’s pariah after being denied the chance to enter the Royal Rumble Match. Now, thanks to some serendipity, he’s headed into the Elimination Chamber to challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Similarly, The Shield seemed to be coming apart at the seams last week; now, in the face of a new enemy, they’ve cried unity more than ever before. Will Bryan’s momentum — and The Shield’s resolve — hold? WWE.com previews tonight’s Raw for some hints. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Important programming note: I was in Pennsylvania this weekend for National Pro Wrestling Day and woke up this morning to a bunch of snow and my flight being canceled. That means two things: the Best and Worst of Raw report might be later than usual (or even on Wednesday, depending on how reliably I can get home tonight), and you are free to make your “this Raw’s great because Brandon’s stranded at the airport” jokes.
2. The Prime Time Players broke up, I guess! Look for Titus O’Neil to start bringing condescending signs to the ring. My favorite: “TMZ Reports Darren Young Sucks.”
3. Cody Rhodes and Goldust get a WWE Tag Team Championship rematch against the New Age Outlaws inside of a STEEL CAGE~! If we get the return of Chyna and she punches Goldust in the butt while he tries to escape, I’ll pop. I’m not gonna front.
4. Good news: the Wyatt Family’s feud with The Shield continues. Bad news: so does Alberto Del Rio’s beef with Batista.
5. WWE is repeatedly referring to Daniel Bryan as “the people’s hero.” I’m gonna assume they’re just talking about one of the Miz’s dad’s sandwiches, and that Dolph Gizzler is cutting a worked-shoot promo about one right now.
As always, the 10 best comments from tonight’s open discussion thread will be featured in the Raw report, whenever that happens. To nominate a comment for top 10 consideration, reply to it with a +1.
Enjoy the show, everybody besides Brandon!
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.