Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for June 23, 2014. The show was headlined by a 4-on-3 handicap match featuring the Money in the Bank championship match competitors as well as a showdown between (seriously) Stephanie McMahon and Vickie Guerrero.
Be back tomorrow for the Best and Worst of WWE Raw column.
WWE Raw results:
– The show began with Stephanie McMahon punishing Vickie Guerrero for last week’s drugged coffee incident by giving her an ultimatum: she can be fired, or she can stay Smackdown general manager if she wins her match (against Stephanie herself) later in the night. Vickie accepted the match.
1. Luke Harper defeated Jimmy Uso. Harper pinned Uso with a discus lariat. After the match, Jey Uso challenged Erick Rowan.
2. Jey Uso defeated Erick Rowan. Uso pinned Rowan with a Superfly Splash. After the match, the two teams brawled with the Wyatts gaining the advantage. They stood tall with the tag team championship belts, building to the tag titles match at Money in the Bank.
– Rusev and Lana did some sight-seeing in Washington, D.C. Spoiler alert: they think Russia is better.
3. Naomi defeated Alicia Fox. Paige sat in on color commentary. So did Cameron, and I know I’m not supposed to editorialize in these things, but good God it was bad. Naomi won with an inverted DDT.
4. Bo Dallas defeated Titus O’Neil. Bo pinned Titus with a Bo-dog.
– Triple H announced the remaining competitors in the Money in the Bank briefcase match: Rob Van Dam, Kofi Kingston, Bad News Barrett, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger.
5. Seth Rollins defeated Rob Van Dam. Rollins had the match won, but Dean Ambrose ran in and attacked, giving Rollins a DQ victory. After the match, the two men brawled and Rollins fled. Ambrose demanded to be put into the Money in the Bank briefcase match.
6. Intercontinental Championship Match: Bad News Barrett (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler. Barrett won with a Bullhammer elbow.
– Stephanie McMahon vs. Vickie Guerrero never really happened. Stephanie revealed a kiddie pool filled with what looked like butterscotch pudding and said that whoever went in first would lose the match. Stephanie then brought out Layla, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox to toss Vickie into the pool. Vickie fought them off, tossing all three into the pool themselves, but Stephanie attacked her from behind. Vickie went into the pool and was subsequently fired. Stephanie tried to start a “na na na hey hey hey goodbye” chant, but Vickie attacked her and tossed HER into the pool.
Before leaving, Vickie did the Eddie Guerrero shoulder-shimmy on the stage and gave a kiss to the sky.
7. Jack Swagger defeated Kofi Kingston. Swagger defeated Kingston by submission with the Patriot Lock.
8. Big E defeated Damien Sandow. Sandow was dressed as Abraham Lincoln. Big E won almost instantly with a Big Ending. After the match, Big E called out Rusev and got ambushed. Rusev put Big E in The Accolade and left him lying.
9. John Cena, Sheamus and Roman Reigns defeated Alberto Del Rio, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro and Randy Orton. Sheamus Brogue Kicked Cesaro to win the match for his team. After the match, Kane showed up and beat everybody up. Triple H added Kane to the championship ladder match. While Kane was celebrating, he got speared by Roman Reigns.