Don’t look now, but there are only a few games of importance left before the College Football Playoff is set in stone. We may not agree with the final four, or maybe just one of those final four, if certain things happen, but we have a Top 4, and that’s still something. I want to thank all of you for listening to “it me, college football.” It’s been extremely fun to start this thing, watch it grow, have our guests on, and take feedback – good and bad – along the way.
We’ll be continuing the podcast throughout bowl season and it won’t be going away after that. It will still be around, and we hope you’ll also be around to listen to it.
This week, we brought in Tom Fornelli from CBS Sports, and things got off track right away (in a good way). We discussed:
- Illinois football.
- The Browns (for some reason).
- The tough position lower tier Power Five schools are in right now.
- How hiring a college football coach is harder than ever before.
- Lots of officiating talk.
- Why UNC might be the team that gets kind of screwed if the Tar Heels beat Clemson.
- How the Playoff makes people argue out of both sides of their mouths.
- And more!
As always, comments and tweets are always welcome. Subscribe to us on iTunes, too! You can find Robby at (@rkalland) and Martin at (@martinrickman). And Tom is at (@TomFornelli). Football is great and so are friends, but football is always better with friends.
Special thanks to the band Annabel for our intro and outro music. They’re really good. You should buy their music at their website or perhaps see them play a show some time.