The Morning Meat is a bag of news, scores and links designed to make those around you look stupid whenever they try to talk about sports. Serves ’em right, actually. Img…borderline NSFW.
|Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle|
Waive Goodbye. The Cleveland Browns cut Jamal Lewis, who suffered a concussion during the last month of the season. This sort of flies in the face of those advocates seeking different treatment of concussed players; it’s hard to argue for keeping a guy on your roster that can’t get back on the field.
Czech, Please. The Czech Republic beat Slovakia in Olymic ice hockey yesterday. It’s more fun when you consider that before 1993, these two nations were actually the same country.
‘Glory Holes’ come in next week. Pitchers and catchers reported for spring training yesterday. You can make the gay jokes.
|Scores Over Easy? We’ve Got Upsets!|
Upsets are determined using the opening line on each game.
|No breakfast is complete without some links!|
- “Snooki” of Jersey Shore infamy wants to trademark her name. That’s fine with me, as long as punching her in the face is still “public domain.”
- More dinosaurs on TV can’t be a bad thing.
- Here’s that new Woody Harrelson movie coming out. I wish we saw more of him in Zombieland.
- Any interview with Kyle Turley is good for a link, especially in audio form.
- It’s time to face facts, America. We’re getting crushed in curling.
- Maybe you care where Tracy McGrady ends up after the trading deadline. This link is for you.
- Girls of the NHL: because their on-ice models are more sustainable than their business models. See what I did there? Eh? Eh? Ah, forget it. Bleacher Report.
Show us your tips! Drop them off at WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com, right before you drop the kids off at the pool. I hope that’s an indoor pool; it’s still really cold outside.