Louisville might be a longshot to make the ACC Championship now, but the Cardinals’ Playoff hopes aren’t dead. And neither are Lamar Jackson’s chances at a Heisman Trophy. The sophomore phenom played his tail off in the loss, and he’s still far and away the best player through the first five weeks of the season.
The ‘it me’ podcast is pushing forward ourselves, even though we’ve got no shot at a Heisman or even a minor podcasting award. But that didn’t stop us from bringing in two guests this week, once again, to talk about college football happenings, and even get a little Ryder Cup talk in. Because golf never hurt anyone.
We brought in Brian Hamilton from Sports Illustrated and CBS lead golf writer Kyle Porter to break it all down. This week’s topics included:
- Big Ten things
- Martin accidentally calling JT Barrett Braxton Miler for some reason
- The importance of naps
- Lamar Jackson and whether or not anyone will be joining him in New York
- The brilliance of Jabrill Peppers (the nightstand of college football players)
- Wondering why college football award winners get awards when they don’t even have a place to put them in college
- Rory Mcilroy playing the villain perfectly and having fun doing it
- Tiger Woods hanging out
- Phil Mickelson being great
- Whether Mike Gundy is unappreciated at Oklahoma State
- And of course Kyle (who runs the Pistols Firing blog) had to bring up that time Mike Gundy made Martin go viral in a press conference
As always, comments and tweets are welcome. Subscribe to us on iTunes, too! You can find Robby at (@rkalland) and Martin at (@martinrickman). Brian is at (@brianhamiltonsi). And Kyle is at (@kyleportercbs). Sports are great and so are friends, but sports are always better with friends.
Special thanks to the band Annabel for our intro and outro music. They’re really good. You should buy their music at their website or perhaps see them play a show some time.