When other sites do power rankings, it’s some of the worst writing on the planet. When we do Power Rankings, they kick ass.
1. Bacon. Three months ago, bacon was more expensive than in any other month in recorded Amercian history. This has now happened for three months in a row. Sadly, it took the hardship from These Trying Economic Times for bacon to be recognized as the greatest food ever. And, uh, thinning livestock numbers, but whatever.
2. Corgi Friday. Seriously, if this was any cuter, I’d have to lure it back to my windowless van.
3. Rally racer Ken Block. This video is so badass that it makes my head spin; it’s Block navigating a souped up Ford Fiesta through an old Parisian racetrack in a stunt-driving practice called Gykmhana. Just when you’re thinking, “Wow, that was a pretty good video,” you look down and there’s like FIVE MORE MINUTES LEFT. I admit it. I came. Twice. via.
4. Pooping. I’ll make you a deal: If you’ve never done the deuce, you don’t have to read this rather insightful piece of how we take dumps.
5. Charles Barkley. We didn’t get to this today, but he http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/index.html“>had some notable things to say about Reggie Bush and the act of taking money from agents.
6. Sarah Silverman naked. It’s finally happening.
7. The Arrested Development movie. That’s finally happening, too!
8. Women of Oktoberfest. These girls are totally happening.
9. Iowa State fans. The win column may be wanting, but their collective glass is always half full. But Ames, Iowa? Not happening.
10. Yom Kippur. It’s the Jewish day of atonement and fasting, so don’t flip out when none of your chosen friends bail out on your barbecue tomorrow night. Hey, more bacon for everyone else!