Saint Andrew’s Net is With Leather’s daily link dump. It‘s the Google Chrome of link dumps.
- Alex Rodriguez had successful hip surgery last night. He’ll return to action in May; in the meantime he’ll be spending thousands of dollars on gift cards from Victoria’s Secret. What kind of gift-giving is that, A-Rod? Just buy those girls the same stuff you wear.
- Creighton is looking like a respectable Cinderella for the NCAAs — if they can get in.
- More NCAA: The Big Ten has a horrible reputation as a basketball conference, and deservedly so.
- That March Madness vasectomy promotion seems poised to return for 2009. This reminds me of the time I threw my pregnant girlfriend down a flight of stairs during the 1993 Stanley Cup Final.
- Another opinion in favor of the Owens-to-Buffalo signing, though the descriptor of “more journeyman than mercenary” inspires a cockeyed look in your general direction.
- Bob Ryan probably got a facelift. If he did, what’s the big deal? Wouldn’t “freaky, young-looking face” win out over “freaky, old-looking, catcher’s mitt with lips” every time?
- For anyone else looking to rally from a sub-par Monday, here’s Erica Lynn. She’s late with the rent, but she’s willing to do odd jobs to square her account.
Your news tips and link submissions keep us from flailing in the afternoon. Email us at “withleather” at a certain mailing address associated with Google.