And Now, A Girl Breaking Both Of Her Feet Jumping Off A Roof Into A Swimming Pool

06.04.13 4 years ago 15 Comments

pool-jump-failMeet Nicole Easton. “Nicky” to her friends. Like a lot of red-blooded American kids, she likes to spend her summers trying to jump from the roof of her house into a swimming pool. And, also like a lot of red-blooded American kids, she does not think the danger involved is serious until she’s ass-down on the cement with a pair of broken feet.

The video isn’t particularly graphic or anything, but yep, a teen jumped off a roof trying to be funny and broke both her feet in the name of SUMMER FUN. Here’s the update, courtesy of Bob’s Blitz:

Just had my ct today, and Wednesday I find out when my surgery is. My doctor is hoping for one foot I’m just hoping to be able to walk before summer is over. Its so hard to see my family wanting to go out and do stuff but can’t cause their Nikki can’t go. I wanna run, kick, swim in my pool… everything is so much harder. I would love to just be able to reach my sink without help… or clean this beautiful house. Ughhh… lesson learned. :( ohhh. And I hate the looks I get. Worst feeling ever. I can’t go anywhere and have someone just look me in the eyes. They always look at my feet. :( so that’s what I want. To do everyday things.

The question a lot of folks on the Internet are asking is, “if you broke both of your feet jumping off your roof, why is your Mom uploading it to YouTube?” And furthermore, “if you upload a video of your daughter jumping off a roof and breaking her feet, (1) where the hell were you when you should’ve been somewhere teaching your daughter not to jump off the f**king roof, and (2) you KNOW people are gonna react to this like every other Fail Video on the Internet, right?” The answer to question one is “shut up,” and the answer to question to is “you are Godless.”

Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 11.55.19 AM

If you’d like to donate to Nicole’s recovery, which I’m assuming goes to creating a lab full of Nicole clones to replace her the next time she dresses up like 60s Batman and jumps off the roof to her death, you can do that here. Her mom is there thanking God that local TV crews have picked up the story and interviewed them, but does not mention God during the “my daughter jumped off a roof” parts.

Around The Web

How Keeping Austin Weird Turned Into A Widespread Phenomenon

02.15.17 4 days ago 11 Comments

How Kevin Gates Went From Underground To Platinum In A Year And Changed The Game In The Process

02.02.17 2 weeks ago 6 Comments

Look For The Star: How Starter Jackets Became The Iconic Clothing Of The Early ’90s

01.31.17 3 weeks ago 9 Comments

‘Dream, Try, Do Good’: The Oral History Of ‘Boy Meets World’

01.31.17 3 weeks ago 6 Comments

How Frank Barsalona Created The Modern Rock Concert And Got Himself Into The Hall Of Fame

01.30.17 3 weeks ago

The Story Behind Gus Fring’s Stunningly Explosive Moment On ‘Breaking Bad’

and 01.30.17 3 weeks ago 5 Comments

How Toronto’s Boosie Fade Transformed From A Rap DJ Night Into A Digital Movement

01.12.17 1 month ago

Infiltrating The Bills Mafia To Find Out Why Fans Keep Supporting The NFL’s Most Hopeless Team

01.01.17 2 months ago 8 Comments

From Ray Charles To Jimi Hendrix: How Seattle Helped Create R&B And Rock And Roll

01.01.17 2 months ago 6 Comments

‘Stop Crying And Fight Your Father’: ‘Seinfeld’ Writers Tell How Festivus Came To Be

and 12.23.16 2 months ago 12 Comments

The Lasting Impact Of Adidas Tearaway Pants On Hip-Hop And A Hoops Generation

12.08.16 2 months ago 2 Comments

Understanding The History And The Motivations Behind The Standing Rock Protests

12.02.16 3 months ago 6 Comments

How Do We Combat The Intensifying War On Science?

and 11.30.16 3 months ago 30 Comments

Exploring The Intersection Of Hip-Hop And Social Justice

and 11.30.16 3 months ago

From Near ‘Simpsons’ Spinoff To A Check Against Hollywood Ridiculousness: Why ‘The Critic’ Still Matters

11.29.16 3 months ago 25 Comments

Willie Nelson’s Love Affair With Weed Made Him An Outlaw And A Country Music Revolutionary

11.22.16 3 months ago 2 Comments

How ‘Above The Rim’ Merged Streetball And Hip-Hop To Make A Cautionary Tale About Choices

and 11.18.16 3 months ago 6 Comments