The Morning Meat has the wisdom of that old Chinese guy on top of the mountain with the sexiness of a middle-aged Osaka prostitute. Do send tips to WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com and follow With Leather today’s guest editor, Weed Against Speed, on Twitter.
Extended, through the 2021-2022 season, the contract of Butler University men’s basketball coach Brad Stevens. The 33-year-old’s Bulldog squad won their fourth consecutive Horizon League title before making an unprecedented run to the NCAA national championship game. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, probably since Stevens’ deal may still have to be co-signed by a parent or guardian.
Departing, according to experts, five players from the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team, for the NBA draft. The group includes four freshmen brought in by first-year coach John Calipari, who finally has proven that he can vacate scholarships just as well as wins.
Valued, at $1.6 billion, the New York Yankees, by Forbes financial magazine (as opposed to Forbes Motor Home Review Weekly). The team’s value increased 7 percent from one year ago. The value of its douchebag fans, however, held steady.
Distributed, by Juneau County (WI) district attorney Scott Southworth, a letter to five Wisconsin school districts warning teachers that they could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor if they participate in sex ed classes with students under the age of 16. “I’m not looking to charge any teachers,” Southworth said. “I’ve got enough work to do.” I respectfully disagree.
- 14 Crazy Japanese Television Clips. It was edited down from “Infinity Crazy Japanese Television Clips.” Uproxx.
- Alice Eve (pictured) is up for a role in that Captain America movie. Better than Summer’s Eve, I suppose.
- If “Awkward White Jump Shooter” doesn’t perfectly describe the typical Duke basketball player, I don’t know what does.
- Is Hollywood going too crazy with 3D? Does 10 pounds of flour make a really big biscuit?
- Here are the NHL’s 10 toughest places to play. If they can have a game a Fenway Park, how bad can the Verizon Center be?
- Geeks rejoice: It’s the periodic table of imaginary elements, culled together allegedly by imaginary scientists.
- Here’s a just-barely-sarcastic “preview” of the San Francisco Giants.
- This might be the best “pet found” poster ever.
- Japan finally invented an android that gives a better beej than your girlfriend does. Uh, at least that’s what I heard…
- Here’s a terrific breakdown on the topic of legs and asses in movie posters.
More images of Alice Eve after the jump.