Tonight on the WWE Raw open discussion thread:
With Mr. McMahon still recovering from hip replacement surgery, what will unfold when WWE Champion The Rock comes to Monday’s Raw? Here are five reasons to tune in at 8/7 CT on USA Network as Elimination Chamber looms large on The Road to WrestleMania. (via WWE.com)
1. That picture is of Gnash, the mascot of the Nashville Predators, hanging out with the Undertaker the night before Raw, in the building where Raw is tonight. So, spoiler alert: the Nashville Predators mascot might be on Raw.
2. The Rock is in the house! This is the go-home Raw before Elimination Chamber, which is important, because:
3. I am headed to New Orleans to attend Elimination Chamber live. The reason I’ve included this as a Raw preview point is because whenever I’m live for wrestling shows, they are the WORST. Remember when Randy Orton punted Vince McMahon in the head and was the new Stone Cold Steve Austin? I attended Raw the next week. The one where Shane McMahon showed up and little brother punched Legacy the death. I was live for that “every man for himself” War Games. I was live for Kennel From Hell. I was live for Daniel Bryan losing to Sheamus in 18 seconds. Beware the Elimination Chamber, and everything that builds to it.
4. Guess what? I missed a week of Raw reports and Mark Henry AND Jack Swagger returned to the show. So … uh, hey, I enjoy writing these reports and all, but if you want the wrestling to be good, maybe I should give up watching and concentrate on making jokes about ‘Arthur.’
5. Have we settled on “WWE All-Stars” as the Cena/Sheamus/Ryback team name, or are we calling them John Greenback?
As always, my 10 favorite comments from tonight’s open discussion thread will be included in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw report. You can recommend one of those for top 10 status by replying to it with a +1. Don’t just try to out-joke each other, okay? It’s an “open discussion thread,” not a live mic. (note: I also like jokes.)
Enjoy the show.