“CM PUNK DID WHAT?”
Tonight, on your post-WrestleMania WWE Raw open discussion thread:
We have good news and we have bad news.
The bad news? WrestleMania 30 and history’s seemingly unconquerable record are over and done with. The good news? The RawafterWrestleMania is upon us. Daniel Bryan did the impossible and defeated WWE’s COO Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton in the same night to capture the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Brock Lesnar made WWE history and ended The Undertaker’s vaunted undefeated Streak. John Cena defended his legacy and topped Bray Wyatt, while Cesaro captured the first Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal trophy.
What lies ahead on Raw? WWE.com has five ideas for you to ponder while you wait for the action to unfold on USA tonight at 8/7 CT. (Not to mention the Raw Pre-Show on WWE Network at 7:30 ET.) (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Be sure you’ve read The Best And Worst Of WWE WrestleMania 30 before watching tonight’s show. Because, uh, that’s your only source for wrestling results on the Internet.
2. I will be in a car for most of the day driving from New Orleans to Austin, but I should catch at least most of Raw so keep your cruel “I hope Brandon gets stuck on an airplane” jokes to yourself. Also, I apologize in advance for ruining tonight’s Raw.
3. Tonight is the Raw where stuff happens! Look for big returns, a few plot twists and at least three brief instances of Lana speaking Russian. Bulgarian. Whatever.
4. I really hope Brock Lesnar opens Raw with “LOL I’m retired again, peace out.”
5. Daniel Bryan is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Let’s do everything in our power to keep it that way, at least until he gets out of New Orleans. I’m not asking you to hashtag hijack anything, but clap your hands and wish as hard as possible and let’s try to avoid Batista Bombs by willpower alone.
Top 10 comments! Reply to ones you like with a +1 and I’ll include a bunch in tomorrow’s report. Enjoy the show, all.