I can’t write a full sentence about this story without crying or hugging my dog or crying, so I’m obviously saddened to report that Martha Stewart’s dog, a Chow named Genghis Khan, was killed in a propane explosion at a kennel where 15 other dogs also perished. From the news story reprinted on Stewart’s blog:
A day after a propane explosion killed 15 show dogs in a Carbon County kennel, co-owner Karen Tracy mourned the passing of a 16th dog that died Saturday morning, and tearfully described the propane delivery driver as a ”hero.”
Badly burned in the explosion, the truck driver managed to first toss a cairn terrier named Chilli [Mmm...chili hot dog -Ed.] over the fence to safety before getting himself out of harm’s way.
Whoa, hey! When did it get so dusty in here? It’s just allergies, I swear! Or I was chopping onions! Whichever of those sounds like the best excuse!
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.