Last night’s episode of “Mad Men” (“The Rejected”) was a delight to watch. Even as Don Draper continues his season-long slide into post-divorce darkness, the era is pulling other characters forward, such as Pete (Vincent Kartheiser) and Peggy (Elisabeth Moss). “The Rejected” was filled with quips and sly visual levity, a credit to director John Slattery, who plays Roger Sterling. But enough of my chatter; let’s get to the badass parts already:
- Trudy Campbell (Alison Brie) is pregnant. This isn’t badass, but it needs to be addressed: the makeup artists better make her the sexy kind of pregnant, not the fat pregnant that Peggy got in Season 1.
- New copy writer Joey on Trudy: “I would get her SO pregnant.” Me too, Joey. Me too.
- Person in a bear suit at a weird-ass party in a Soho loft. Soho loft parties haven’t changed much in 45 years.
- Lesbian holding nude photos of women! Woo-hoo!
- Peggy: “I have a boyfriend.” Nancy: “He doesn’t own your vagina.” Peggy: “No… but he rents it.”
- In a delightful coincidence, “Mad Men” echoes last Thursday’s “Jersey Shore” when Ken confronts Pete about talking behind his back.
- Pete’s father-in-law: “You son of a bitch.” Pete:
BEST. SHRUG. EVER.
And two more GIFs for the road:
[images via GIF Party]