(FYI, this is the first in what will be a regular feature around these parts that’ll be known as the “UPROXX 20.”)
Eddie Izzard is a British comedian, actor and writer perhaps best known around the world for his brilliant, bizarre and heavily influenced by Monty Python stage persona. His latest project is Eric Idle’s What About Dick?, a theatrical performance Idle describes as being like “Oscar Wilde on acid or like Downton Abbey, only funnier.” Staged in Los Angeles earlier in the year, What About Dick? was filmed and will be available for download online on “Dick Day,” Tuesday November 13. In addition to Izzard, the show features Billy Connolly, Russell Brand, Tracey Ullman, Tim Curry and Eric Idle, among others. You can watch a trailer for it here.
Eddie was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently and answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
BBC Breaking News.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
THE WINDS OF WAR
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Breakfastcereal.com and WindsofWar.com
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Muddy Waters’ “Mannish Boy”
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Henry the VIII
8. What’s your favorite meme?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Beatles at Shea Stadium. I was three.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A big one.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Bought me a castle.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Get up, go to bed, do stuff inbetween.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
In my castle.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?