“Fowl Play Date”
- The opening sequence of Sunday’s episode, with everyone building on the Rom-Com-Con joke, was a perfect example of why I like this show. I had started to roll my eyes at how corny the whole thing was, but then they guy at the next table did his version, which was to tell them to “shut the f-ck up.” They took a bad joke too far, but only as a way to point out how bad it was. I respect that.
- Unfortunately, Alex and Brad’s trip to Rom-Com-Con gets canceled when Penny and Brad accidentally kill her racist parrot, Tyler, while they are using industrial strength airplane glue to fix a broken mold of her giant 5-year-old hand. That was a fun sentence to type.
- Also, R.I.P. Tyler, I guess.
- Dave’s song about making Alex “come … home to me” … I believe the legendary and timeless rock ‘n rollsters Lit already made this joke, yes? I hope this wasn’t a trap by the Happy Endings writers to sniff out people who once bought a Lit CD. Because, uh, busted.
- I want to read Max’s screenplay for Heat II: It’s Getting Hot Up In Herre more than you can possibly imagine.
- Here are some things we learned about Alex in this episode, in addition to the giant-hands-as-a-kid thing: She eats birthday cake every night, she drinks margaritas with her pets on Taco Tuesday, and, most importantly, Her Eating Ribs > Penny Eating Wings. All day.
- Max’s ideal date involves wining, dining, and 79ing, because that is 10 better. Can’t argue with his logic.
- “How do you destroy a PDF? It’s in the clouds. I can’t control the clouds! I’m not Thor!”
- Dave and Jane try to set Max up with the gay versions of themselves, ruining his date with a guy who was into his story about a sex dream involving the Van Gundys (Jeff coaching defense, Stan coaching offense). This is terrible because (a) they seemed to be hitting it off, and (b) I really wanted to hear the end of that story. This show’s NBA humor is always laser-sharp.
- Alex gets a bird autopsy on Tyler (“a huge racist and an even hugerer friend”) because she suspected foul play. If she needs an expert in bird law, I know just the guy.
Continue Reading 'Let's Talk About This Week's Episodes Of 'Happy Endings': 'Fowl Play/Date' And 'Ordinary Extraordinary Love'' »
NEXT ›Pages: 1 2 3
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.