There’s a lot going on in Game of Thrones fandom today, so here’s a roundup of the best stuff.
1. Have $3,000 to spare? If so, you should spend it on purchasing a real-life direwolf, or more accurately, a “domesticated, ‘wolf-like’ companion dog breed that has the look of a direwolf, but with a more gentle temperament.” The good people at the Dire Wolf Project are doing God’s work, literally.
2. This story falls somewhere between impressed and horrified: Minecraft gamers have recreated, to the smallest detail, the entirety of Westeros out of cubes. According to Wired, “At a size of 59,000 blocks by 22,000 blocks, WesterosCraft is over 500 square miles relative to the characters – roughly the size of Los Angeles.”
3. Thanks for sharing, jerk.
4. Gwendoline Christie, who plays badass Brienne, was interviewed by Stylist Magazine about, well, being badass. She said, “I used to have really long blonde hair, always wearing heels, lots of makeup. I had been someone who was highly feminised and had chosen to look that way, partly because I was 6ft 3in but also I was into that aesthetic. I knew it had to be stripped away.” More than anyone else on the show, she looks entirely different when not cutting people’s heads off.
5. Here’s the Khaleesi/How Stella Got Her Groove Back mashup you were waiting for, weirdo.
6. The series’ official Twitter account tweeted out their support for marriage equality. GAY MARRIAGE IS THE REAL FANTASY, said someone probably.
7. And lastly, lucky cat (Cat).