Here are the first promo pictures from the season premiere of Justified‘s upcoming fifth season. They are notable for a few reasons, which I will now tick off in bullet points:
- They give us our first glimpse of Michael Rapaport as Daryl Crowe, Jr., the sleeveless-button-up-wearing, gator-farm-owning head of the Florida branch of the Crowe family.
- They give us our first glimpse of Alicia Witt as Wendy Crowe, the family’s legal counsel, who is actually a paralegal instead of a lawyer, because a crime family using a paralegal family member as their legal representation is just about as Florida as it gets.
- Hey, that’s David Koechner! What do you think he and Raylan are talking about in that picture up there? I bet he’s telling Raylan they should get an apartment together when whatever they’re up to gets sorted out. This is a reference to a movie titled Anchorman, in which David Koechner plays a sportscaster named Champ Kind. You are welcome for the explanation.
- Raylan Givens Swamp Attire: jeans, cowboy boots, plaid shirt, skinny tie, cowboy hat.
- No Boyd Crowder, which, NO.
- The episode is titled “A Murder of Crowes,” which, YES.
January 7. Tick… tick… tick…
(Via Screencrush, photos via FX)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.