Kids, after thousands of theories, some of which are horribly depressing, we’re finally going to learn how Ted met the Mother tonight. But we still have some unanswered How I Met questions, including:
-What’s the deal with the Smoke Monster?
-What happened to the Russian?
-In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy’s skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
So, yeah, it won’t be a satisfying finale unless creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas fill in ALL those blanks. Until then, let’s discuss some of the things that we’ll miss the most about How I Met Your Mother, a show that may have been on for too long, but like The Office, when it was good, it was GREAT.
1. Robin Sparkles’ songs, or the lack there of.
2. The looks back at the college versions of Ted, Marshall, and Lily.
3. The show’s ability to land the big emotional moments.
4. The meal ideas, including the Eriksen Seven-Layer Salad, which were helpful for TV Gourmet.
5. The pick-up techniques and schemes.
6. The songs.
7. The recurring gags, like TANTRUM.
8. And the cockamouse.
9. And the Fish List.