By now anyone reading this knows that Lena Dunham is the voice of her generation, part Shakespeare, part Nora Ephron, offering self-aware, penetrating insights into the human condition — or, should I say, the twenty-something Brooklynite condition — via her HBO show, Girls, and anyone who disagrees is just a HATER or completely delusional. That said, as Drew Magary notes, Lena Dunham season is upon us, so each week we here at UPROXX will present our five favorite quotes from the previous night’s show completely out of context. You’re quite welcome.
So let’s get right to it and find out what sort of mind-bending things Hannah, Marnie, Ray, David Mamet’s daughter, that rape-y hipster dude, etc. said this week, shall we?
5. “You will never write a thing that matters because you don’t understand the true struggles of humanity because you slipped right out of your mother’s p*ssy like a nice little golden egg, you spoiled f*cking little brat.”
4. “This is a space cigarette, endorsed by Stephen Dorff.”
3. “I don’t want to f*ck my sister!”
2. “Mindy Kaling’s not writing about choking on long balls.”
1. “Can you believe that my friend told me that she died just so she wouldn’t have to hang out with me?”
Tune in again next week for more Girls quotes presented complete out of context!
(Images via HBO)