Arturo Castro is an actor probably best known for portraying Jaimé Castro on Comedy Central’s Broad City. The native of Guatemala can also be seen starring alongside the likes of Vin Diesel, Kristen Stewart and Steve Martin in Ang Lee’s upcoming Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. Castro also stars in a Comedy Central web series Alternatino, which returns with new episodes Oct. 6.
Castro was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions from us recently.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Information. Is he too in love with the CoCo?
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
National Geographic. It’s a safe thing to switch to when my girlfriend looks over my shoulder.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Notebook, Notebook, Narcos, Notebook, Notebook.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Ancestry.com, then isancestry.com/accurate?.com
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
A song called “Tracking Aeroplanes” by The Echelon Effect. I play it on loop on long plane rides.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Start writing scripts asap! And invest in shake-weight stock.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Clown prank gone wrong. Don’t ask.
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs, all the way. I’m deathly allergic to cats, and they make me feel rejected, and loved and confused.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Shakira when I was 14. I was there with my first girlfriend and it all felt so meaningful and movie-like. It was one of those nights you know you’re gonna remember as it’s happening.