‘I Want To Go To There’: 25 ‘30 Rock’ Quotes We Still Think About Every Day

By: 08.29.14  •  107 Comments
liz lemon main

NBC

I’m going to let you all in on a little secret: the UPROXX staff basically only talks to each other in The Simpsons and 30 Rock quotes. Approximately 78% of our conversations mention something that Homer Simpson or Liz Lemon once said (the other 22%: Taco Bell). This has been especially true this week, at least for me, because of the Emmys. Something felt off, and that something was 30 Rock not being nominated. Outstanding Lead Actor In a Comedy Series didn’t feel right without Alec Baldwin’s name next to the less deserving Don Cheadle or Jim Parsons, who’s somehow won two years in a row.

But because 30 Rock reruns are never not on (plus, Netflix), the wisdom of Liz, Jack, Tracy, Jenna, and Kenneth is always on my mind grapes. And there’s A LOT to keep track of: you could watch an episode you’ve seen 10 times, and still pick up 10 new jokes on the 11th play. So consider this post of 25 30 Rock quotes I still think about every day (five each for the Big Four, then one for five random characters) not necessarily the show’s best lines — that would be an impossible task — but the ones I’ve probably mentioned in casual conversation this week alone.

Liz Lemon

1. Perfect for: when you need to talk things out with someone who’ll listen.

liz lemon talk to food

TUMBLR

2. Perfect for: walking around Brooklyn.

hipster nonsense liz lemon

NBC

3. Perfect for: achieving world peace. Sandwiches heal all pain.

liz lemon sandwich

TUMBLR

4. Perfect for: this weekend.

liz lemon staying in

NBC

5. Perfect for: convincing yourself to leave New York.

liz lemon bunghole

TUMBLR

Jack Donaghy

6. Perfect for: deciding if you really want to go to “the RatDog afterparty.”

jack hippie

TUMBLR

7. Perfect for: reviewing a Michael Bay movie.

burrito jack

TUMBLR

8. Perfect for: yelling at fish.

jack ocean

TUMBLR

9. Perfect for: investing in Blockbuster.

jack bad ideas

TUMBLR

10. Perfect for: days, evening, nights. Doesn’t matter that it’s not a quote.

jack drinking

TUMBLR

Around The Web

Featured

From Showman To Shaman: How An Assassination Attempt Changed Bob Marley’s Life And Music

From Zero To Guitar Hero, Meet The Small-Town Musician Who’s Well On His Way

Hannibal Buress On ‘Comedy Camisado,’ Animation, And Doing Stand-Up In Japan

Phil Matarese And Mike Luciano Talk ‘Animals.’ And Creating Television In Their Apartment

‘Black Sheep’ Revisited: The Farley-Spade Classic That Could’ve Been, 20 Years Later

EAT THIS CITY: Chef Callie Speer Shares Her ‘Can’t Miss’ Food Experiences In Austin, Texas

Kimbo Slice Is Down To Fight Kurt Angle And Roy Jones, Jr. As Soon As He Settles His Business At Bellator 149

By:  •  2 Comments

A Top Recruit Michigan Landed On Signing Day Isn’t Who You Think He Is At All

Henry Louis Gates, Jr. On How His Personal Ancestry Obsessions Led To ‘Finding Your Roots’

Love Books? Plan A Trip To The Most Literary City In The Country

What The Shot-For-Shot Remake Of The ‘Magnum P.I.’ Intro Tells Us About ‘Archer’ Season 7

By:  •  2 Comments

‘The Most Badass Event’: Experiencing A Truck Race On A Ski Mountain, Which Is As Crazy As It Sounds