There’s a good chance you’ve seen John Early without realizing it. A hard-working touring comic, Early’s made appearances in everything from 30 Rock to Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp to Netflix Presents: The Characters, for which he created an episode. Early can soon be seen in the TBS series Search Party, co-starring alongside Alia Shawkat in a darkly comedic tale of mystery, which premieres on November 21st. Ahead of that premiere, Early took a few moments to answer our questionnaire.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
I ask where the restroom is because I have undiagnosed IBS.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I like to follow those Twitter channels that show food being made sped up. It’s always overhead shots
of something being made with cheddar, marshmallow, and chocolate syrup.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
I don’t have a DVR. But metaphorically, the last three episodes of Last Chance U on Netflix. It’s incredible.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Cacio e pepe, a classic Italian pasta dish. Parmesan and pecorino and a lot of black pepper. Exquisite.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The daily trash fire.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Right now it’s the whole Solange album A Seat at the Table.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Destiny’s Child’s final tour.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A teen Bible.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I just got back surgery and my friend came to New York and lifted me out of bed every day. It was very sweet.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I’d sleep for 14 hours, then make dinner reservations, and then cancel them.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Vanderbilt women’s basketball in the late ’90s.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Honestly the Krystal on Hillsboro Road in Nashville.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Ashley Judd. It was my last attempt at being straight.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?