Matthew Broussard is a comedian probably best known for being a competitor on Comedy Central’s Jeff Ross Presents: Roast Battle and his stand-up act on The Half Hour. You may have also seen Broussard — who describes himself as a man who looks like “an 80s movie villain” — on Adam Devine’s House Party, FX’s The League and NBC’s The Mindy Project. His debut stand-up album, Pedantic, is now available on Comedy Central Records. It’s available for purchase here.
Matthew was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Vodka Fresca w/ Splenda.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Twitter: JP McDade (@jp_mcdade), Marcella Arguello (marcellacomedy), Adrienne Airhart (@craydrienne), Patrick McLellan (@pmclellan), Bill Dixon (@billdixonish)
Instagram: a bunch of swimmers and sculptors
Facebook: ASAPScience, MinutePhysics
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
I’ve been rewatching the newest season of Adventure Time with my roommate Johnny and eagerly awaiting new Rick and Morty.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
My girlfriend so I can eat what she doesn’t finish.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Reddit, GQ, xkcd, southwest.com, NPR, Amazon.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Water Runs” by Reptar or “Shooting Stars” by Bag Raiders.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
To try his best to avoid time travel paradoxes.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“White girl does Juju on that Beat dance”
9. Dogs or cats?
Kittens over puppies but dogs over cats.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Passion Pit at Houston Free Press Summer Fest, 2013
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Whatever makes me look smart.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Bob Biggerstaff giving me a guest spot at Cap City Comedy Club in Austin on Thanksgiving, 2012. ARE YOU HAPPY BOB?
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Speedball espresso and weed while getting all arts-and-crafty.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Ryan Lochte, Team USA Swimming.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
In the Wind River Mountains in Wyoming.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Kubo and the Two Strings.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Amy Jo Johnson, the original Pink Power Ranger.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Order delivery pizza and claim it was DiGiorno’s.