Moshe Kasher is a comedian and writer perhaps best known for his comedy specials and for co-hosting (along with Neal Brennan) the popular podcast The Champs from 2011-2016. You may also know him from his roles on Portlandia, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The League. Currently he’s the host of the new Comedy Central show, Problematic with Moshe Kasher, which debuted last week. Described in a press release as “a hyper-modern take on the casual daytime talk format of the 1980s, reimagined into a joke-fueled show for the digital generation,” the show returns with a new episode on Tuesday, April 24 at 10pm ET.
Kasher was nice enough to take a few minutes to participate in our twenty questions questionnaire.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
I would do one of those coded drinks to let the bartender know I’m in danger and to call 911 just to see if it worked.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR or in your streaming queue?
A tidal wave of unfinishable content to distract me from melting ice sheets, a.k.a. I’m still trying to get current on Big Little Lies.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A burrito that combines meat and cheese, a combination I have not had in years. When I go out, I want to arouse the anger of the Lord God.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Bbw hunter. Worldstar. Sherdog.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Whatever bullshit apple OS auto-loads onto my car stereo in it’s most profoundly infuriating glitch. It was Frank Ocean’s Nikes then I erased the album to try and stop it, now it’s a David Foster Wallace story about Max Hardcore. And as cool as it makes me sound to have had those auto-loaded, I’d rather only have Damn Yankee’s “Can You Take Me High Enough” as my only song option if it meant I could start my car and not have it blare into my life unheeded.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Don’t bother with college. A religion degree is not applicable to a life in comedy clubs.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Who sang “Can you take me high enough.”
9. Dogs or cats?
If you have to ask you’re a bitch-ass cat-loving ass bitch.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Paul McCartney when he finally stopped trying to force us to listen to his “other music”