Today is February 11, 2014. This means that it has been exactly 10 years since the Season 2 episode of Chappelle’s Show featuring “Charlie Murphy’s True Hollywood Stories: Rick James” aired. In honor of this notable anniversary, I will allow you to say the following catchphrases one time each if you so desire, until midnight tonight ONLY:
- “I’m Rick James, bitch.” (NOTE: No exclamation point.)
- “It’s a celebration, bitches.”
- “F*ck yo’ couch, n*gga!” (NOTE: Not you, white people.)
- “He’s a habitual line-stepper.”
- “What did the five fingers say to the face? Slap!” (NOTE: UPROXX does not condone assault and/or battery. Slap people at your own risk.)
- “Cocaine is a helluva drug.”
In all seriousness, this sketch is a lot like Borat and the first Austin Powers and Anchorman movies. It was really, really funny the first few times you saw it, but it got kind of beaten up over the years by all the people who took it way too far, and the people who started acting like the sketch wasn’t good in the first place because they hated that first group of people. This is a shame. We should stop doing that.