Scott Porter is an actor probably best known for his portrayal of Jason Street on Friday Night Lights. Currently, Scott is starring in The To Do List — which opens nationwide today — with our new girlfriend, Aubrey Plaza. Additionally, he plays George Tucker in The CW series, Hart of Dixie, and you may have also seen him playing Blake in CBS’ The Good Wife. Born in Nebraska, Scott grew up in Florida and is an avid gamer and comic book nerd.
Scott was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Bourbon. Black Maple Hill if they have it.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Well, it’s the summertime. A lot of my shows are done for the year. So You Think You Can Dance, The Newsroom, and Under the Dome are currently recording.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Momma’s Hot Chicken. Family recipe battered chicken nuggets with the family hot sauce recipe. As nuclear as you can make it, I won’t be around to suffer the consequences.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
ESPN, BoxOfficeMojo, Rivals, MondoTees, XBox360Achievements.org, HCRealms, GrubHub, Skottie Young’s Tumblr, and Kotaku.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
As of late “Royals” by Lorde.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
King Hippo. Wait, NO, KING JOFFREY.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
9. Dogs or cats?
Both. I don’t discriminate.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Sting. “Brand New Day” tour.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Cowboy and the Cossack by Clair Huffaker, who is a man, named Clair.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Grandpa sold me my first car while I was in High School. I made all my payments on time and for graduation I got a check back from him for the amount that I had paid. It simply said, “Responsibility gets Rewarded”. A free car and a very valuable lesson.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Go to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln with family and friends, tailgate, and watch the Huskers win the day.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Big Trouble in Little China.
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
La Villa Mahana in Bora Bora on my honeymoon. Simply incredible.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Went to the Pacific Rim premiere last night at the Dolby Theater. Holy crap, I’m still giddy!
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Tiffani Amber Theissen (Ed. note: Tiffani answered the same questions from us earlier in the week.)
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
Thai Food, cause I hear that dude is Bangkok Dangerous.
Follow Scott on Twitter here.
Pic via Getty Images