5 Reasons The Atlanta Falcons Will Win (David D.)
1. The Falcons have been torched by Cam Newton twice, RGIII and Russell Wilson last week. While this may be basis to bet against ATL I’d argue that if you give a defense the same sort of offense enough times they’ll adapt and get better. Expect the birds to learn from their mistakes and find a way to stop Kaep from having another monster game.
2. Did you hear that loud noise on Sunday? It was the city of Atlanta breathing sighs of relief. If you watched them in the fourth quarter last week, they were tighter than Tim Tebow’s girlfriend. Now that this squad has won its first playoff game, you can see a more relaxed team ready to handle things en route to NOLA.
3. Jacquizz Rogers is the perfect weapon to diffuse San Francisco’s pass rush. He’s a nice check down that can rack up catches and chunks of yards whenever there’s a blitz. If he works in unison with Michael Turner this can free up the wide outs down the field.
4. In a close game you have to trust Matt Bryant’s foot over the struggling David Akers’. Bryant has been clutch all season, winning countless games for his ATLiens.
5. Colin Kaepernick opened the game last week with a pick six. He also blew a game against St. Louis with a fumble in the end zone. I must remind you that Atlanta picked off Drew Brees five times and Peyton Manning three times in a half. They know how to create turnovers. If they can pick off Kaep a couple of times, this spells victory for Atlanta.
Final Score: 27-24 Atlanta