5 Reasons The 49ers Will Win (Gotty)
1. Even though he only has nine starts under his belt, Colin Kaepernick has proven himself as a dynamic playmaker, able to make it happen through the air or on the ground. No matter what vaunted defense lines up across the ball, he’s conquered them mightly. The second-year QB beat the Packers with his legs (playoff QB-record 181 rushing yards) and cut up the Falcons with his arm (16-for-21, 233 yards).Expect his success to continue agains the Ravens.
2. Vegas has San Francisco as a three-point favorite to win. Those same bettors expect a high-scoring game (at the time of this post, the OU was set at 47), which slightly favors the Niners, who have managed to put up a rough average of 30 points per their last six games.
3. Ray Rice is a force, which goes without question. However, San Fran’s rushing defense has been an opposing force versus running backs all season.
4. While Baltimore’s defense has been playing at a high level all postseason, their secondary is old and not as mobile as they once were. That spells trouble when viewed against the young, talented receiving corp the 49ers have. Michael Crabtree has four scores over the last three games and should add to that come Sunday.
5. Much has been made about Joe Flacco and his great playoff performances, and while he can have great games he can sure have some stinkers. Especially against elite defenses. This may be the game that gives all of his critics extra ammo.
Final Score: 21-17 49ers