Above is a graph that illustrates data accumulated in a scholarly study by Dorothy Gambrell on Craigslist missed connections — who’s posting them, where the encounters took place, etc. Among the more interesting findings were…
- Most missed connections in the South take place at Walmart. No surprise there, sadly.
- Indiana must be the saddest place ever, as most the missed connections there took place “at home.”
- New York and DC, two cities where public transportation is widely used, had most of their missed connections take place on trains.
- Hawaii was the state with the highest percentage of m4m ads being placed.
- California is a parody of itself, with most missed connections there taking place in a gym.
Not sure how Walmart beat out “Klan rally” in Mississippi, but America’s superstore is a romance juggernaut, apparently.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.