Erik Valdez is an actor probably best know for portraying Trey Mitchell on General Hospital, in addition to his current role on the USA Network series Graceland, portraying Carlito Solano. Additionally, the Texas native has appeared on Gilmore Girls, The New Girl, and CSI: Miami.
Erik was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Club Soda and 4 limes…if I’m really feeling crazy, I’ll do a Diet Coke! (Fun Fact…never had a drink in my life.)
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Probably @BradPaisley…good mix of comedy, fan appreciation pics, and good ol’ fashion country music!
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Several episodes of BBC’s Top Gear, Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, season 3 of Breaking Bad (I know, I’m way behind), and probably a handful of F1, INDYCAR, and Sports Car races…there may or may not be an episode of The Bachelorette on there as well. 😳
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Pizza!!! Preferably, Stella Barra in Santa Monica…love that place!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Motor Trend, Jalopnik, Bring A Trailer, Huffington Post, Variety, and Forbes
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Right now…”Play It Again” by Luke Bryan
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
This “kid” I know who’s name rhymes with Lobby…It’s a love/hate relationship really.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
So many good ones these days! I don’t know…just saw one with Jaleel White the other day that read, “These hoes ain’t Laura”…had me rolling!
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. Unless we’re talking cheetahs…cheetahs are badass.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Just went to George Strait’s final show ever. I grew up on his music and my family was there with me so it was an amazing trip down memory lane!
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A subscription to Motor Trend Magazine
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I’ve been blessed with some pretty amazing people in my life…too many wonderful things to narrow down.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Hmm…that’s a toss up. King of The Hill?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
My closest buddies, an open race track (probably Spa in Belgium), and 20 vintage race cars at our disposal…that.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
Dallas Cowboys. We’ll have a good season again eventually, right?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Nothing tops the comida (or the accompanying memories) my Grandma Molly used to make.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Godzilla…had a good laugh at that.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Probably Winnie (Danica McKeller) from The Wonder Years.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
If Nic Cage is coming to my house for dinner, what I’m cooking is the least of my concerns.
PREVIOUSLY: James Watt of Brewdogs
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.