Neil Jackson is an actor probably best know for portraying Marcus on Blade: The Series and for his roles in films like Quantum of Solace and Push. Currently he stars at The Headless Horseman on Sleepy Hollow.
Neil was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
That changes with the seasons and my mood. Hot summers day, in a good mood – I’ll take a pint of cider with some ice, cool and refreshing. Winter, evening, I want something hearty like a Guinness. Most other times I’ll go for the British classic – a gin and tonic, preferably Hendrick’s with a slice of orange (just discovered the orange part in Wilmington).
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
I love facts, the more obscure and funny the better. The QI Elves at @qikipedia cover all bases. According to Leicester University it would take 2,425,907 seagulls to lift James’ giant peach, not the 501 that Roald Dahl suggested!
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
I have no cable. No DVD. No TiVO. Just a projector hooked up to Netflix, Hulu, and HBO GO. Right now I’m binge watching The Walking Dead. Addicted. If you see me wandering the streets with a shifty look and a shovel you now know why!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Roast beef and Yorkshire puddings with all the trimmings and lashings of gravy. Though if it is actually my last meal I’d probably want to go with something that has lots and lots and lots of courses.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I seem to always be on IMDb. I like to know who people are in the industry and what they’ve done. I see a beautiful shot I want to know the name of the cinematographer, or I want to know where I recognize an actor from.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Really in to Guardian Ghost right now. The first song on their album, Sailor, is incredible. Great to run to.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I’m a bit of a meme virgin though I’ve seen some pretty funny sloth ones.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Counting Crows in Wembley, London, 2002 with my brother. We had crappy tickets, but managed to blag our way all the way to the front, then preceded to sing every lyric arm in arm. Magical.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Perfume by Patrick Suskind. I fell in love with this book about 15yrs ago and to this day it’s still my favorite.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
In 2013 I released my first album. It was a really big deal for me. I was in the UK doing press for it and I had a launch concert organized on the day of release. The only downside was that my girlfriend couldn’t be there to share it with me. She was in LA working. The day of the gig came and I texted her. I got no reply. I tried calling. It went straight to voicemail. I tried a few more times throughout the day, but never heard back from her. I was getting upset that she was avoiding me. I met with the band and we rehearsed in the venue, then we all went for some food. A friend called and said could they come and meet us before the gig. I told them the pub and they arrived. My friend smiled at me and then stepped aside. There was my girlfriend. She’d cancelled work and flown the 10hrs to be with me. We both just started crying. It was amazing.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy. Though the South Park movie is incredible. Never really watched the show so went in with low expectations. Hilarious.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Ride on the back of a dragon.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Matrix. Neo gets me.
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
Not really into team sports. I love boxing. Team boxing would be brilliant. A huge ring with ten on each side. 20 men enter, 1 man leaves.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
At home, with friends.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Chef. See it. It’s amazing.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
She-Ra, the princess of power. She was hot. Would have been a challenge getting past her brother though. I hear He-Man is a tad over-protective.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
PREVIOUSLY: Bailey Chase of Longmire.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.