Josie Ho is a well-known Chinese actress and musician perhaps best known in the U.S. for her starring role in The Drummer. Currently she stars in Full Strike and In the Room, which recently screened at the Singapore Film Festival.
Josie was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
His or her best mock-tail. I was in Mykonos at Santa Marina Resort poolside when I met a very good bartender — I called her Master. She made me a mango mock-tail. I also tried a raspberry one and a green one. That’s why I think the best is to ask the bartender for their recommendations.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
If I could, I would follow Johnny Depp. I am a fan of his, and to be honest…I actually wrote and perform a song called “Johnny Depp.” I think that means a lot.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
My movie “Full Strike” just came out on DVD in Hong Kong. That’s close enough to DVR, right? Haha. I’m looking forward watching it again. It’s a wonderful comedy about badminton. I know I sound like I’m selling my film and music, but you gave me a chance to…sorry! ;-)
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
In Cantonese, we say “Choi!” Meaning bad things won’t happen to me, so I don’t anticipate needing a last meal! Is that cheating?
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I usually visit YouTube. It has so many interesting things on it, so I’ve learned a lot more about music and films. Thank you, YouTube.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
The Kills song – “No Wow.” But the highest AirPlay is definitely my own songs.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
I’m a very peaceful person. There is no one that I wish to punch.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
It was about Hong Kong. It’s always nice to know more about where I was born. Hong Kong is a very nice place, so I recommend everyone to come and visit. Plus, we have very good food here!
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs! I have four puppies. Of course…the friendlier the dog…the better.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Madonna’s Blond Ambition Tour.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
My friend Prodip’s book about UFO’s.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My husband threw me a surprise birthday party and asked me to marry him!
13. South Park or Family Guy?
South Park anytime!
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I would sit on my sofa and chill. Maybe watch some TV.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The latest one I like is “Kingsman: The Secret Service.” It’s a very exciting and interesting film.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I don’t really have a sports team that I’m passionate about, but my husband always watches Australian Rules football. His team is Collingwood. So I guess, I will cheer for them.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Beijing’s Li’s family kitchen.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
My first celebrity crush was Leslie Cheung and Anita Mui. Then I liked Madonna. I also really admire Danny Chan Bak Keung.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I will try to make him some dark chocolate orange chip ice cream. That’s all that I know how to make, so come with a full stomach. Haha!
PREVIOUSLY: Chelsea Crisp