Aya Cash is an actress who portrays Gretchen Cutler on the new FX comedy series, You’re the Worst, which premieres Thursday, July 17th at 10:30 pm EST on FX. Previously, Cash portrayed Shelly Wexler on The Newsroom and you may have seen her playing Leo DiCaprio’s long-time secretary in Martin Scorsese’s Wolf of Wall Street.
Aya was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Sadly a club soda most times. Yeah, I’m that girl. I’ll have a whiskey and coke or ginger once in a while.
2. Who is your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
I don’t have either of those but I’m really excited to catch up on Louie and Fargo. Also I plan on re-watching The Comeback in anticipation of its comeback
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Chorizo kimchi tacos.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I mainly use the internet to feel bad about myself, so news, (nytimes.com), industry news (deadline.com) a little Jezebel.com for fun and horror and clotheshorsenyc.com for my hot friend who dresses better than me.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
At the moment, 40 Day Dream by Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, Got by Mos Def.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
I plead the fifth.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I have to look up this word because I can’t remember if it’s a video or still photo with words…Is this a meme? I like this.
9. Dogs or cats?
Both. But dogs really.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Middlesex or Just Kids though my friend Aubrey and I swap dystopian teen books on the regular.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My then boyfriend now husband bought me a filling for a cavity when I couldn’t afford it. I didn’t have insurance. That’s romance.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Lounge around upstate NY, swim in a swim hole, then skydive. (I mean, I want to…)
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Princess Bride, High Fidelity, Harold and Maude, Overboard… I don’t resist much.
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
49ers circa 1989
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Jitlada. Always and forever Jitlada
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Obvious Child. So good. Jenny Slate is a friend in my head.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
George Costanza. Really. Not that I didn’t have JTT pics on my wall.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Rocky Mountain Oysters. ‘Cause I think he’d be down for the challenge
Here’s the trailer for You’re the Worst...Subscribe to UPROXX
PREVIOUSLY: Judy Greer