The 2016 Republican National Convention headlined by Donald Trump. Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens. One, a television event that will depict the type of world-altering science fiction disaster that many experts have long considered a remote possibility, at best, just due to the preposterous number of implausible things that would need to happen for it to become a reality. The other, the fourth installment movie about shark-filled tornados. Both happening this month.
The RNC recently released its official list of speakers for the convention, and much like the cast list for Sharknado 4, it is littered with television and film stars of the 1980s and ’90s. Which brings us to this: Below, please find our “RNC Speaker or ‘Sharknado 4’ Guest Star?” Quiz. It is harder than you’d think, and it is a lot harder than you would have expected it to be in, say 2014. You’d probably have enough trouble wrapping your head around a fourth Sharknado movie. Fun world we got here.
1. Duane “Dog the Bounty Hunter” Chapman
2. Charles in Charge star Scott Baio
3. Melrose Place veteran Antonio Sabato, Jr.
4. Clueless star Stacey Dash
5. Police Academy star Steve Guttenberg
6. United States Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)
7. Baywatch star David Hasselhoff
8. Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty
9. Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio
10. Donald Trump
RNC speaker: 2, 3, 6, 8
Sharknado 4 guest star: 1, 4, 5, 7
Just an RNC speaker for now, but it’s probably too soon to rule out the Sharknado thing, if we’re being totally honest: 10